NorCan Marine 222 ERRSV, highlighted at “Pacific” Naval Gathering
Because of its modern and innovative OSV design, the NorCan 222 Emergency Response Rescue and Support Vessel (ERRSV) was selected for a Flag Ship case study. Read the full study to learn how the Norcan Marine 222 ERRSV was used to assess:
- the most notable hybrid propulsion plants for naval applications;
- an analysis of the typical operational requirement of a modern multi-purpose naval vessel;
- a practical approach to the design of a battery-hybrid propulsion plant optimized on the above mentioned operational requirements and based on the combination of recent and established technologies;
- an assessment of the intrinsic advantages of such a design compared to mechanical, diesel-electric or alternative hybrid solutions;
- a concise outlook on future developments.
Click here to view the full article.